pir control of lights | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss pir control of lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brightspark2010

is there a way and if so how do you wire lights so that they are controlled via pir but if you want to overide this and just operate the via switch so they stay on?

An ordinary light switch can be wired in parallel with the PIR contacts, alternatively I have wired a 3 position switch, which can give permanent off, PIR control and permanent on.

Alot of pir's have intellegent switching so you can wire to existing switch.... Off and Auto are your normal choices but 2 rapid off/on actions put the pir into permanent on setting..... switching off then for at least 1min and back on will revert to auto.... check with instruction before buying though.

Lets look at it this way

Would you let a surgeon work on you, if you knew he/she had been on internet forums looking for answers on how to perorm basic procedures?

I think not,

C&G should make these courses harder

Reply to pir control of lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
We have some very old delmatic lighting control modules that have pcb and relays for switching they have mostly burnt out. I need to change them...
Replies
Views
You would have thought they'd have a switch to flick on and off to engage an override. Not on each PIR but an actual light switch
Replies
Views
  • Question
Some pir lights have a switched output so you can link them together, when any pir is activated then all lights will come on. if you don’t connect...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anywhere where the normal lights are dimmed or dimmable the emergency lighting should be of the maintained type. So maintained emergency lighting...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
My bafflement increases. I swapped the offending light with one elsewhere on the back of the house - one of those that's on a circuit of its own...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks