Pir randomly switching on when light switched off | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pir randomly switching on when light switched off in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Heres a puzzler , did re wire install an out side half lantern PIR light , when one of thelights on a lighting circuits is switched off the outside light comes on , im scratching my head all circuits are new and have tested out 100% , all i can think of is either induced voltages or mains spikes it very odd any i deas chaps as my brain has not slotted into gear yet:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a lounge wall light , there is 9 lights on the circuit 3 lanterns 2 pendants 2 wall uplighters and a 28 watt 2 D dome light , the outside light is fed via switch feed so to reduce the number of cables in the light , but the switch is not connected its just straight through

try a snubber across the PIR output. may help, esp if the PIR controlled lamp is low energy.

Reply to Pir randomly switching on when light switched off in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Neutral and live
Replies
Views
You would have thought they'd have a switch to flick on and off to engage an override. Not on each PIR but an actual light switch
Replies
Views
A good idea, but probably best to get one rated for outdoor use. This one is only IP20. Also it would not work well with a light that has a built...
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
  • Question
Ah OK, that makes sense. Thank you Avo.
Replies
Views
In my opinion replacing the consumer unit and waiting to see which RCBO trips is not a good fault finding technique. If the lighting circuit...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks