Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
That brings me to bathroom fitters...
2 new bathrooms, 1 main, 1 en-suite, and this time in my own house, or rather a flat I was getting ready to rent out.
Why do so many trades use plasterboard screws for everything? Certainly didn't secure the shower svreen to the wall in the main bathroom, and also fitter must have lost the little chrome grub-screws for the standoffs for the towel rail...yup, secured by drywall screws...WC cistern sagging, drywall screws again! No wall-plugs, just screwed into holes in the tiling.
Fancy extractor fan, stuffed loosely into a square "hole" in the tiled wall...and of course, no isolator.

En-suite shower fitted to the wrong wall, against my instructions, and unable to use it properly or get access to the connections.
Electric towel rail fitted so close to the whb that you burn your leg on it when washing your hands. Had to be moved and thus left 2 holes in the tiles.
Fancy extrctor fan, better fitted this time, but no isolator.

To fix all these snags will mean some inevitable destruction of walls and floor tiles, and the extensive use of puch-fit plimbing gives me no confidence because I have found 2 joints with no pipe inserts.

Ranting over for now...

Now I've done that let me actually have a look at the ones I haven't replied to yet.

WTF! Why haven't you got them back in the move the shower?! - perhaps the screws? lol Is the shower a mixer or power shower thing?

Nope Dan, it's simple mixer shower but needs a pump as the water pressure is so low. I can't get to the pipework as it's buried under the tiled floor. The other shower I put a Salamander pump on and it does the bath as well. Ok there cos I could visually inspect the pipework.
Get them back to move it?
Oddly, the number I had for them is "not recognised"...

Typical!

If they've used plasterboard screws in a bathroom they'll fail anyway they're not meant for wet areas. So I bet the wrong adhesive was used for the tiles too I'd not be surprised if the tiling fails and an opportunity opens up (literally) to get at that pipework.

Reply to Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net