Planning question Redcar&Cleveland | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Planning question Redcar&Cleveland in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cryo

-
Reaction score
Hi guys I've just phoned Redcar&Cleveland council planning department asking whether I would require planning permission to install Solar PV on my bungalow roof and they took the details and stated there would be no problems. There was one question I was not able to answer as the guy from the planning dept stated that the panels have not to extend any higher than 200mm from the slope face can one of you knowledgeable guys give me the average height of a unit once fixed to a rosemary tiled roof. I've searched the forum but cannot find this mentioned before but I'm finding lots of info on this excellent forum. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions for the forum before I get this installed:smile5: panels type? inverter type? roof direction SWW/NEE, install on either side or two sides, size constraints, lots to concider:juggle2:

The system will pertrude by between 100 and 150 mm in all depending on which panels and mounting system is to be used and whether the panels are to be installed landscape or portrait. The system will pertrude that little bit more if the panels are installed in landscape.

The inverter depends on the output of the system. SMA and Fronius are the market leaders but I also like the Power-One Aurora inverters.

In terms of panels Suntech are very popular at the minute but can be difficult to come by. Consider Sanyo if you are feeling flush and/or you are tight for space. There are so many good options out there in terms of modules and you will get lots of good advice on this forum.

My final note would be to only install on the SWW facing roof.

Reply to Planning question Redcar&Cleveland in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net