Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked! Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked! Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked!

I recently borrowed a plasplugs wet tile cutter from a friend to cut some floor tiles. In his opinion this was a pukka bit of kit, easy to use etc, he did not have a bad word to say. I cut a few tiles with it but had real problems. Here is how it went...

Tried to cut the tiles by sliding them along a fixed straight edge to get things dead straight but this did not seem to work. The cut seemed to have a mind of its own and I just could not get a straight cut. The cut seemed to wander off my pencil line with an ever increasing error as I cut further into the tile. I then noticed that the guide behind the cutting wheel (also holds the blade guard) was not exactly in line with the cutting wheel. I sorted this out but the tiles still did not cut straight, exactly the same problem as before. I then tried cutting without the straight edge and also without the guard but still no way to get a straight cut. I can only guess that the cutting wheel is somehow not quite straight.

Maybe this plasplugs tile cutter is past its best, but then just maybe the plasplugs products sucks!

Steve

Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked! for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked! Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
  • Article
Contractor Plus I have just bought the Plasplugs Contractor Plus as my 1st wet cutter. It's a huge machine and i've gotta feeling id be better...
Replies
Views
m4ubs
M
S
  • Article
Large Format Tiles / Score and snap I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long and at least...
Replies
Views
SergeTiler
S
S
  • Article
Manual Cutting Method for socket/outlets in middle of ceramic tiles? Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide...
Replies
Views
Stoobloo
S
  • Article
Cutting marble mosaics I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to cut these but every one...
Replies
Views
P
  • Article
Tile on tile Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower installed. The shower is tiled floor to...
Replies
Views
Paul J
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks