plastic pipe fittings | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss plastic pipe fittings in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

redface

now im doing a pir on a large old building now because there are so many additions there are loads of plastic speed fit joints on copper pipe work now i am putting this down as not acceptable because there is no continuity on the pipe work.

am i right in saying this as it has never been picked up in the last report the installatin was acceptable

i dont want them thinling im making it up for more work im just doing my job.

what would u do ?

thanks

is it a 17th ed consumer unit?? if so then it is acceptable, Im not too hot on the regs prior to this as I have only ever done pirs since the new regs have come out and installations that arent fully rcd protected I generally change anyway.

just make sure the incoming water pipe , if metal, is bonded. the fact that there are several plastic fittings means that a lot of the pipework need not be classed as an extraneous conductive component. get a wander lead and IR from MET to pipes. if under 22kohms, it should be bonded.

Reply to plastic pipe fittings in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sorry for the late response but by the NEC code book requires one ground rod near the panel and another ground rod at least 6 feet or more using #...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You do both, "fix the problem" even if it is only there in the eyes of one person. send an invoice for the extra work needed to raise it from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nothing wrong with it. Which manufacturers have you got this information from? What do you mean by trip speed? Fuses and MCBs can operate in the...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
There could also be a completely unsuitable junction box embedded within the wall and tiled over or just cables in choc blocks in old accessory...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't think there is a conspiracy here .. but I do think 5he sort of loadings we are talking about with things like electric boilers and single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks