Plug-in Em Stops. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Plug-in Em Stops. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

Right, I'm having my pants pulled down over a couple plug in em stops for a rubble moving mobile conveyor system.

Basically the users of the conveyors still work with flint & wear loin cloth so everything gets broken all the time. From the manuf, these plug in units are £65+vat, which I think is scandalous.

Do any of my learned friends on here know of somewhere else to buy these units or have any lying around in the workshop that I'd happiliy pay them for

Spec is 110V, 32A 5 pin plug with a red em top button incorporated.

Here is a pic from the manuf's site.....

[ElectriciansForums.net] Plug-in Em Stops.

If all else fails, I'll make me own.

i believe these are one off patented to these conveyors and considering what job they do and the safety requirements they have to pass and meet i wouldnt consider 65 quid to be too bad a deal, but understand about trolls on site with no respect for gear, had same situe' im getting crap cos of the cost but its the heavy handed site guys chucking things around, now we set up a system where they sign things in and out and are responsible for the equipment and that it stays in good condition.... once they have to sign their names against equipment they tend to take more care.

I also believe these are unique to Miniveyor.

Lenny, by all means make you own, however, remember that the machine is CE marked and you would thus have to comply with the relevant legislation to ensure that the CE mark was not invalidated, as if it were and there is an incident where one of "your" plugs is involved, you may find that you end up liable, and unless you have PI which covers you for the design of the plug and your insurance covers you for product liability, bearing in mind you are now the manufacturer, the OEM of the plug, e-stop etc would not be liable. Then you could end up in big trouble.
Also, you could get called upon to generate a technical file for compliance with the machinery & low voltage directives and submit samples for type and product testing.
By the time you source suitable parts, reverse engineer the existing unit, match up any incompatibilities with your equipment and the OEM kit, build the unit, at your normal rate charged out for this, would you be any cheaper?
I suspect not for the first one, you may break even on the second, or perhaps the third, then OK after that you will probably be better off, however, the more that you make the more the risk of one being involved in an incident, thus the higher your risk becomes.

Bite the bullet, buy one, stick 15% on it for you sourcing and procuring it, and sell it to the customer!
It will be less hassle.

After years of blowing up vast areas of this country, I know the troglodytes your dealing with. (Trouble is we gave them big motorised bits of flint). If the PB unit were cast iron they’d still wreck it. That looks flimsy and designed to fail. A good sales ploy.

Doesn’t look too difficult to replicate, but when time is taken in to account is it worth it?

One thing I don’t like is it’s an off the shelf plug. I’ll bet you a pound to a pinch of s**t a contractor will plug something in to the outlet!

Right, I'm having my pants pulled down over a couple plug in em stops for a rubble moving mobile conveyor system.

Basically the users of the conveyors still work with flint & wear loin cloth so everything gets broken all the time.

Are these the "Gentlemen" whose knuckle's drag on the pavement when they walk down the road?

QUOTE=Lenny;399498] From the manuf, these plug in units are £65+vat, which I think is scandalous.

Do any of my learned friends on here know of somewhere else to buy these units or have any lying around in the workshop that I'd happiliy pay them for

Spec is 110V, 32A 5 pin plug with a red em top button incorporated.

Here is a pic from the manuf's site.....

[ElectriciansForums.net] Plug-in Em Stops.

QUOTE]

what about another supplier, could you get a better price from another wholesaler?

Reply to Plug-in Em Stops. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks