Pool pump advice | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Pool pump advice in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jmet79

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all! Im having an issue getting an electrician to my place before the holiday. My pool is filled and ready to go. I have ran the grounding bond wire and connected it to 4 spots on the pool. The filter has a bonding plate inside and then to the pump itself. I need to run a new circuit. Just need clarification as i have never ran a pump circuit. The pump is 120v 10amp 60hz

20amp single pole gfci breaker with 12 gauge romex to exterior wall into a weather protected box transitioned to thhn fed into pvc 12” underground to a gfci outlet.. from the gfci load to a twist lock receptacle (will a 20a 125v double pole work?)

Hi all! Im having an issue getting an electrician to my place before the holiday. My pool is filled and ready to go. I have ran the grounding bond wire and connected it to 4 spots on the pool. The filter has a bonding plate inside and then to the pump itself. I need to run a new circuit. Just need clarification as i have never ran a pump circuit. The pump is 120v 10amp 60hz

20amp single pole gfci breaker with 12 gauge romex to exterior wall into a weather protected box transitioned to thhn fed into pvc 12” underground to a gfci outlet.. from the gfci load to a twist lock receptacle (will a 20a 125v double pole work?)
It would be more helpful if you could tell us what the HP is on the motor since it will have to be considered a continuous duty motor since it will run more than 3 hours at any given time. The receptacle is fine for a # 12 wiring on a 20 amp breaker. Your breaker has to be GFCI protected and rated for 20 amps.

Reply to Pool pump advice in the USA Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

USA Electrical Advice

Welcome to the USA Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.

UK Electrical Forum

This is the main UK Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. Electrician Laws and Regulations related to Electrics and Electricals within the United Kingdom. Electrician talk, questions and answers can be found in our UK electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back