power to garden shed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss power to garden shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

young spark

hello everyone. need some advice please.

i need to run a supply to a garden shed. goin to use swa, not sure what size?
it a 35 meter run. installing a 2 way rcd board consumer unit in the shed
will install 2 lights and 3 sockets. for freezer and lawnmower. db in the house is a not rcd, will i need to put rcd in the house also. any advice will be much appreciated. thanks.

with out gettin mi little red book out mate, 6mm for me, as i said gives a little belt and braces over what is ater all 100ft away and VD could be an issue or other defining characteristics that determine cable size.

HI, What earthing arangment is your property?

Are you going to TT the shed, does the shed have any extraneous conductive paths? i.e. metalwork structure etc?

35 mtrs is a long way to export an earth...DNOs usually only allow 2 mtrs.

Yooj

tns system. was going to use core in the swa and the armouring as earth. brick buit shed, no metal work.

Export the Earth and terminate it in an adapter box.

Then TT the shed. If the TNS earth were removed for whatever reason, anyone in the garden with electrical equipment run from the shed could be exposed to dangerous potential if the RCD were to fail.

Yooj

Reply to power to garden shed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net