Powerflex 400 question. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Powerflex 400 question. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TF and the wire

I have a Powerflex 400 inverter driving a fan motor. It was installed to run at 45Hz (50Hz motor) and I have been asked to lower it to 40Hz by my boss, (he's a fiddler).

The speed reference parameter is set to internal frequency so that it should run at whatever frequency is in parameter A142. I tried changing this value from 45 to 40. The programming LED even lit but after I have entered the value and run the motor, it still runs to 45Hz.

I've had a look in the manual and found a parameter A198, which is used to lock the parameters to all except those who have the password. I haven't had chance to check this setting yet but I would have thought that if there was a lock in there, the programming LED wouldn't have come on.

Any idea as to why it won't change.

The LED acknoledges the programme input command but it wont overide the existing command which is password protected

I managed to adjust the speed by simply using the up and down keys on the front keypad. I can't understand why, as the parameter PO38 is set to "1" which should mean that the speed is determined by the value in A164, which I tried altering with no success.

At least I can do what I want to, I just like to know out of curiosity.

Reply to Powerflex 400 question. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I’ve have re-entered motor plate information, however I’m still getting same error codes when running so pretty convinced the VFD is faulty. Thanks
Replies
Views
Rob has giving all you need but I can add a little. You meter needs to be true RMS, not just digital. Motors often are rated above the nameplate...
    • Agree
Replies
Views
I would check what type of dimming controllers you intend to use and work out how much space you are going to need. I am using dali and KNX for...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
so i use my code example.. p 2468 then xx xx ?? to reset the tamper spanner . sorry for been a pain . friend as check box the sealer is still...
Replies
Views
jaosn
J
  • Question
start with the load (including projected additions) on each sub to get a realistic value of Ib for your distribution. then if each sub is all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks