Price Lists | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Price Lists in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jupoo

Hello All.
I have managed to join Napit as a one man band, phew. But they want a price list, ive looked at various websites for prices but there so varied in price. My question is, is there a standard for charges like socket and lights etc, or do you just go for a good average.

cannot for the life of me understand why they would need a price list? Does this somehow demonstrate your competence?
I have heard others suggest that they require evidence of estimates and invoices, but even this makes no sense.

That's a new one on me, although I'm not with Napit. Have you asked them what they're going to do with it if you produce one? I would have thought that it's none of their business what you charge.

Why do they want a price list?
I joined them in March and they never asked for such a thing with me.

Tell them you cant give a price list because prices are changing day to day at the moment and prices change from customer to customer so it is not something you can put pen to paper with.

They may ask for a price list as in your hourly rate (say £25 per hour or what ever you charge)

Good Luck

Are you sure they don't just want to see evidence of written quotes (with materials, labour perhaps separated out), and in due course, invoices that more or less tally (for jobs actually done)?

Ask them for a break down of your scheme membership fee! How much they get paid, how many members, what money are they putting into advertising electrical safty to the public, why the public should not do it themselves and go through a scheme member so more electricians can earn a living and stay a scheme member putting the share price of that scheme up and how much proffit they get each year?

I'm sure they will tell you

cannot for the life of me understand why they would need a price list? Does this somehow demonstrate your competence?
I have heard others suggest that they require evidence of estimates and invoices, but even this makes no sense.
hmm....more `jumpin through little hoops time` here..lol....complete nonsense...lol....

i had it off iv elecsa.....`oh well you`v gorra do a materials list n price`....just ignored em...

Yeah me too when I joined them. Conversation went like this :-

Assessor "Do you have all of the required documentation?"
Me "Yes here it is."
[Much sifting reading and general faffing.]
Assessor "You haven't got a price list or example quotes?"
Me "No."
Assessor "Well you must provide one."
Me "Well I'm not going to unless you want me to do some work for you."
Assessor "Oh. Er. Well, you must. Why don't you want to?"
Me "As I said, I'm not going to. I only povide quotes to customers not suppliers. ELECSA are my supplier, I am your customer, so you're not getting a quote."
Assessor "Oh, I see. Well I'll tick that I've seen one, but you'll need one for the next assessment."
Me "I won't have one then either. Would you like another biscuit?"

Assessment passed, A grade or some such meaningless existance justification.

Tell them gonads and stick to your guns, they'll go away as long as you pay.

Yeah me too when I joined them. Conversation went like this :-

Assessor "Do you have all of the required documentation?"
Me "Yes here it is."
[Much sifting reading and general faffing.]
Assessor "You haven't got a price list or example quotes?"
Me "No."
Assessor "Well you must provide one."
Me "Well I'm not going to unless you want me to do some work for you."
Assessor "Oh. Er. Well, you must. Why don't you want to?"
Me "As I said, I'm not going to. I only povide quotes to customers not suppliers. ELECSA are my supplier, I am your customer, so you're not getting a quote."
Assessor "Oh, I see. Well I'll tick that I've seen one, but you'll need one for the next assessment."
Me "I won't have one then either. Would you like another biscuit?"

Assessment passed, A grade or some such meaningless existance justification.

Tell them gonads and stick to your guns, they'll go away as long as you pay.
well the first thing out of this guys gob was `we arn`t looking for the worlds best electricians`....lucky for me then...
then it was all about how he could callibrate my MFT from out the back of his car....
what?..so no 24 hours then in a climate controlled room before being put on the rig...anyway...no thanks i said just been done..
then it got round to wanting a quote i`d supposed to have issued....no , your allrite...

materials list...well by this time i was getting cross..

what their after here is watching `candidates` jumpin through hoops or summat like the safestyle uk man
perhaps i should apply to go on total wipeout...

What you charge is commercially sensitive and confidential information in my book

I would have to ask if they have the appropriate data protection registration to hold this information and could they provide a copy if they are

And even then they would not get a price list as I see no need for them to have the info unless they are looking at a pro rata subscription charge

Reply to Price Lists in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net