Problems applying for the ECS card | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Problems applying for the ECS card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Danny Lawton

So i've just come back from spending 2 years in Australia and i'm trying to get back into sparking in the UK, but i'm having problems with the ECS card. I haven't got my 17th edition but i passed my apprenticeship in 2012 training by it. i'm also unemployed and the ECS electrical installation card is asking for Employer recommendation. does anybody know what card i should be applying for?

Cheers

Yeah i have an NVQ level 3. if i'm putting i'm self employed it's also asking for a company name and address. should i just make these up?

Put your name and your address. They might grade you with a gold card as you have your nvq3 but it's the issue of not having the 17th. Might be worth sitting your 17th before you apply.

LOL. That's exactly why they require a Sponsor if you are self-employed.

Can you elaborate? i can't even contact the ECS because all the phone lines are busy. this is rather infuriating. I don't understand how you can't apply for work if you don't have an ECS card, but also can't apply for an ECS card if you're out of work. it just makes no sense.

Can you elaborate? i can't even contact the ECS because all the phone lines are busy. this is rather infuriating. I don't understand how you can't apply for work if you don't have an ECS card, but also can't apply for an ECS card if you're out of work. it just makes no sense.

You don't have to be in work. But your form (if you are applying for Grading or Regrading) must be signed by an Employer or Sponsor (if self-employed). Essentially they are stating that they believe that you are worthy of the requested grade (subject to fulfilling all eligibility requirements for that JIB Grade of course).

Put your name and your address. They might grade you with a gold card as you have your nvq3 but it's the issue of not having the 17th. Might be worth sitting your 17th before you apply.

Completed his apprenticeship to 17th edition mate so shouldnt have a problem... i never done the 17th exam only sent them my nvq and am2 etc and it had 17th edition printed on it along with NVQ and apprenticeship completion

I'm currently studying the 2365, I have the 2382, EAL level 2 and C&G 2377, these qualifications mean Jack S**t to the JIB. Even studying the 2365 at college doesn't qualify me for the basic trainee card!

I'm currently studying the 2365, I have the 2382, EAL level 2 and C&G 2377, these qualifications mean Jack S**t to the JIB. Even studying the 2365 at college doesn't qualify me for the basic trainee card!

That at is because all you have is the 17th and PAT testing which is not enough to get a card. If you look in the ZjIB site at the grading definitions, it's very clear what you need.

what level 2365 are you currently studying? I'm not that clued up on the EAL qualifications but if the EAL certificate you have is equivalent to the 2365 level 2 and you are studying 2365 level 3 now surely you can convert these in to the c&g 2357 and complete your am2 and portfolio?

Sounds a pain though mate.

So i've just come back from spending 2 years in Australia and i'm trying to get back into sparking in the UK, but i'm having problems with the ECS card. I haven't got my 17th edition but i passed my apprenticeship in 2012 training by it. i'm also unemployed and the ECS electrical installation card is asking for Employer recommendation. does anybody know what card i should be applying for?

Cheers

Were you a Licensed/Registered Electrician in Ozzie by any chance??

Reply to Problems applying for the ECS card in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net