Proximity gas pipe and flush fit ceiling light | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Proximity gas pipe and flush fit ceiling light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richy Rich

Hi, I am looking at fitting a run of flush fit celing lights in a hall, one of the voids betwee nte upstairs floor joist will house one of the lights but it contains a gas pipe. There are other cables running throug the same void as well as water pipes.

Question is - is it safe to house the light in th same void s the gas pipe? If not could it be made safe by fitting a housing over the light in the void such that only the wires came out of the housing?:confused:

Many thanks for your help.

the light will sit 6 inches below the gas pipe and offset by about 8 inches - I'm not worried about the other electrical cables I'm OK with regard to distances etc. I'm just concerned as to whether you can have a sealed gas pipe in the same space as a light fitting.

fit it... your fine!! what would you do if you fitted your lights then mr plumber ran his gas pipe in !! do you remove all your fittings or him remove his pipe!!

Theres no join in the gas pipe I presume near the light fitting? No join, no potential leak, no problem, And if it did leak (through being punctured) any spark willl come from a opening/ closing contact not a warm lamp. (My interpretation of unbased common sense!!)

Reply to Proximity gas pipe and flush fit ceiling light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
Thanks for you response, that makes more sense LEDs do produce less heat. I think i read somewhere that LEDs are more sensitive to heat, as in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is not an uncommon scenario in the life of an electrician!
Replies
Views
SOLVED Thanks for all the help. It was nothing to do with the smoke detector. In this new hole (where there will be a light fitting) three white...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok, thanks guys for the info and advice. Gutted because i always enjoy learning new things and doing these jobs but fair enough All the best :)
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks