PV*SOL or Sunny design? What to believe | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss PV*SOL or Sunny design? What to believe in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Astro Energy

Has anyone any experiences with conflicting information from PV*SOL and SMA's sunny design, I'm not too sure which to believe?

im using 140 Astronergy (CHSM 6610P - 225w) (225Poly) and was considering using SMA Tri-power 15000TL inverters. Problem is SMA software says its fine 97% but when I put them in PV*SOL its says those inverters are not compatible. Any ideas?

Steve

PV*Sol is a bit basic in it's calcs of inverter compatibility sometimes, it's either down to string configuration - there are extended options (if you can find them) or it may be down to some of the options you have configured wrt climate data or sizing etc.

It drives me nuts sometimes!

For what reason did PV SOL say they were incompatible? It could be that the tolerances on the two pieces of software are different.

When comparing the two I would place my trust in Sunny Design as SMA would know best what works or doesn't work for their own products. At least you'd hope so!

Reply to PV*SOL or Sunny design? What to believe in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the reply as I knew it was something I wasn’t picking up.I’ll read up in the regs book on an IT supply as Can’t say I’ve...
Replies
Views
There are a few choices, one way or another it will connect at 240V AC into your house wiring system. It really depends where the panel is wrt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I opened the electrical panel of my house because I need to connect my solar inverter to the panel and got served a spaghetti of an...
Replies
Views
Hi Jamieo, I found this post of yours while searching online for a solution to our solar PV / eddi / immersion heater problems. I'm in Dublin and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks