question about electrical pipe banding | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss question about electrical pipe banding in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Ganjakid

we're currently doing a call center office. just quick question sir, is pipe banding really required in an enclosed ceiling? or pipe banding is only applicable in an open ceiling area where electrical pipes are exposed?

thanks

Why are you wanting to band the electrical pipe, I'm assuming you mean conduit. If it is conduit then you would band it orange as per reg 514.2.1

Most pipe banding though is used for water/air supplies i.e. hot water, cold water. hot reurn. compressed air, steam pipes etc. I think you find most pipes in a commercial situation are banded in both circumstances

Reply to question about electrical pipe banding in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks mate! I haven't been on this forum for a good while, and on my return see you're still being as helpful as ever to clueless DIY'ers like...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late response but by the NEC code book requires one ground rod near the panel and another ground rod at least 6 feet or more using #...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I remember as an apprentice when my spark was working live (Little to no choice) we had simply to stand near him with wooden brooms in the event...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi tssxrr, I am also doing my assignment on the same topics. would you mind sharing the documents which you have done so I will have rough idea...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This potential client seems to be making progress in terms of being interested in proper chargers and answering my query questions. I have also...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks