R.C.B.Os. or M.C.Bs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss R.C.B.Os. or M.C.Bs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tapouchoke

Hi all

Installing a 8way tp&n board in some offices as existing is full need spare ways for new ups
The board only feeds lighting and a chair lift which are on mcbs and sockets which I have installed an rcbo to
Do I have to replace all the mcbs with rcbo’s To meet regulations as the cables are installed in building fabric /plasterboard ????as the nuisance tripping would be phenomenal? :confused:
Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently not really necessary as the building/office supposedly will be under the instruction of a skilled person.

Im not convinced by that myself.

wait to see what others think.

The skilled instruted person I believe was the get out clause the IET used after deciding to rely on RCDs for the benefit of the DIYer
It then realised that commercial and industrial situations could become chaotic with unnecessary RCDs popping here there and everywhere if implemented ,hence the skilled instructed person escape route

Reply to R.C.B.Os. or M.C.Bs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok so In this case I would not worry about selectivity. As you have a current EICR for the wylex DB and is not part of your alterations then I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The chance of someone putting a nail or something in the cable just at the right spot to receive a shock, and a 100ma S rcd not tripping is highly...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is there a need for a timer and a photo cell. Is there a need for a contactor ?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks