R1+R2 Calculation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss R1+R2 Calculation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Carrying out a PIR on a Auto Garage the ring main is wired in metalic conduit with no earth cables what is the calculation to acheive R1+R2

You can't calculate it, you can prove continuity via earth loop impedance tests at each outlet and an R2 test if you feel it neccessary.

Each outlet must have a fly lead linking it to the metal back box regardless of fixed lugs.

Reply to R1+R2 Calculation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question i hope someone can just give me a little clarification on . When carrying out preliminary cable design for a given circuit we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also,if you had a duel box with a lighting cct on one side you would get a false reading.
Replies
Views
Hi David. I'm currently doing this same design project from home. Can I ask you a question? When working out the design current for the circuits...
Replies
Views
Did you ever find the fault? We like updates 😀
Replies
Views
The actual listed observations seem easily resolvable, comfortably less than a day's work. The picture of the supply poses a few questions...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks