Radial Circuit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Radial Circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Carlos_tlewis

Hello,

I'm glad I've found this forum :)

I'm doing PIR for a customer and everything was going fine until I saw there was one 2.5mm cable leaving from consumer unit to feed 4 sockets.

The cable leaves the consumer unit and the passes threw a double pole isolator switch, it was wired this was so they could control effects lights.

At the consumer unit the radial is on a 20A MCB.

Now as the customer said there all LED lights or cameras that are plugged into the sockets so they don't require much at all.

Is there anyway this would ok? the customer asked me to check as he said when the electrician first wired it he was 'hot' on his regs. if not would it be best putting a code 2 down on cert?

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I'm glad I've found this forum :)

I'm doing PIR for a customer and everything was going fine until I saw there was one 2.5mm cable leaving from consumer unit to feed 4 sockets.

The cable leaves the consumer unit and the passes threw a double pole isolator switch, it was wired this was so they could control effects lights.

At the consumer unit the radial is on a 20A MCB.

Now as the customer said there all LED lights or cameras that are plugged into the sockets so they don't require much at all.

Is there anyway this would ok? the customer asked me to check as he said when the electrician first wired it he was 'hot' on his regs. if not would it be best putting a code 2 down on cert?

Thanks,
Carl

sounds fine. what reasons do you see to think it is not?

Hawk81, when I was an apprentice my boss always told me that it's not right, now I wonder how many times we must have ran new cables into make it a ring... when I see my ex boss I'm gonna ask him if he knows about this.

Thanks alot for the help :)

Hawk81, when I was an apprentice my boss always told me that it's not right, now I wonder how many times we must have ran new cables into make it a ring... when I see my ex boss I'm gonna ask him if he knows about this.

Thanks alot for the help :)

I agree you should definitely question your ex boss. Radial circuits are a very basic and simple way of wiring sockets and many prefer to do it this way. It is taught in first year in college.

Reply to Radial Circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net