Rated people ' BEWARE' | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Rated people ' BEWARE' in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gilldog

What are your experiences with rated people?
The reason I ask is that they are sending me bogus leads all the time, and they dont see a problem with it, and obviously this is costing me a small fortune.
Also they wont let me cancel my membership by email, and wont refund my membership over the phone.
I used to be realy pleased with them as I have had a lot of work throught them, but recently its like their only sending genuine leads to new members.
The leads that I receive are posted 24-36 hours before they send them to me, so after I have coughed up to provide a quote and given the customer a call, I get told that the job was awarded to someone yesterday.:mad:

I thought it seemed like a good idea too :) it wasn't! :mad: I had to phone them in the end, it took an hour to find it and get through to them..... Almost as bad as "BT" Customer S@%&£*

Have just signed up with rated people, and have to say, not impressed. The leads i have bought appear to be bogus, all seem to be in the same area, as if someones mates are putting the jobs up. When tried to get to quote, customer has not returned call, or has cancelled, I've had about 4 like this in the past 7 days, I'll give anouther few weeks and if it does not get any better, will cancel.

AGREE WITH YOU GILLDOG..............BEWARE!

All of these types of websites are either a scam in some form or just useless. I think ratedpeople was meant to be the best of a bad bunch a couple of years ago, but as trades keep signing up, they are running out of jobs to share. I think they did a bit of radio campaigning about a year ago but that's it... so where are their customer base coming from? These aren't schemes that can sustain themselves, especially when there is so little work around.

At the end of the day, it comes down to relying on someone else to promote your business. Why pay for something that you can do yourself? Most of out work should come from word of mouth recommendations and repeat business - you won't get this kind of work from people who use sites like rated people and myhammer - they have gone onto a website to get a 'reputable' tradesman at the lowest poossible price. This tells us two things:

1. they have no friends to get recommendations from
2. they are skinflints.

So if they have no friends to get recommendations from, then they don't have any friends to give recommendations to. And if they are skinflints, they are never going to pay a decent amount for a decent job. And THAT is why these shemes never work.

All of these types of websites are either a scam in some form or just useless. I think ratedpeople was meant to be the best of a bad bunch a couple of years ago, but as trades keep signing up, they are running out of jobs to share. I think they did a bit of radio campaigning about a year ago but that's it... so where are their customer base coming from? These aren't schemes that can sustain themselves, especially when there is so little work around.

At the end of the day, it comes down to relying on someone else to promote your business. Why pay for something that you can do yourself? Most of out work should come from word of mouth recommendations and repeat business - you won't get this kind of work from people who use sites like rated people and myhammer - they have gone onto a website to get a 'reputable' tradesman at the lowest poossible price. This tells us two things:

1. they have no friends to get recommendations from
2. they are skinflints.

So if they have no friends to get recommendations from, then they don't have any friends to give recommendations to. And if they are skinflints, they are never going to pay a decent amount for a decent job. And THAT is why these shemes never work.

Bang on, very true.

I have had many jobs from rated people's site and have only ever paid the initial £10 plus vat for the first 3 months. PM me and I will tell you how it is done.

Shajazzi, that was a well dodgy first post on this forum but welcome to the electricians forums anyway :).

What are your experiences with rated people?
The reason I ask is that they are sending me bogus leads all the time, and they dont see a problem with it, and obviously this is costing me a small fortune.
Also they wont let me cancel my membership by email, and wont refund my membership over the phone.
I used to be realy pleased with them as I have had a lot of work throught them, but recently its like their only sending genuine leads to new members.
The leads that I receive are posted 24-36 hours before they send them to me, so after I have coughed up to provide a quote and given the customer a call, I get told that the job was awarded to someone yesterday.:mad:

Have you paid up front?, if not just stop paying them.

Cheers...........Howard

I use rated people quite a lot and have never had a problem, if a lead turns out to be false then they give you a free lead to use on your next job- must be one of the licky ones.

Well I have been with them now for around a month or just over and I have to say there're times when there is quite a few jobs going round (perhaps enough to keep all happy?!) and there're periods in which it is terribly scanty in terms of job leads. I have figured out, I think, what they are good for (and what they are not good for) and am making the best of it. I have to say that the clients on there are very nearly exactly as rocker says (well done mate) but when times are hard for us self employs then anything can be enough to stop drowning. Don't put all your eggs in one basket is all I can say, and definitely not the basket of the rated's. I can give you a few hints on the job side of things if you'd like, just drop me a PM. Huseyin

Reply to Rated people ' BEWARE' in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks