rayburn electrical connection | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss rayburn electrical connection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

galv

the rayburn oven has a 3 core lead from the rear which according to the instructions has to be somehow connected to the pump or a thermostat behind a panel on the side of the oven then to the pump,
attached is instructions and a diagram,but i can't see which is the 3 core cable,
any help please

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] rayburn electrical connection
    img011.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 55
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] rayburn electrical connection
    img010.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 77
i think it is designed to shut down the pump if the water temp in the boiler gets too low. thats how i wired my parents and it works brilliantly

Its dead simple if its the ryburns we fit they dont have any pump or stats in, there external. to run normal function you need to feed a time clock to feed a pipe stat which feeds a zone valve. Through its n/o switch (which you feed direct) will fire the pump. just like a normal boiler.The only thing you have to incroporate is the safety stat (high temp stat) which is fed direct from supply through valve again which fires pump. sounds like thats either the a feed in to oven or you feed it via other connection and that becomes a s/w. The primary coil needs a valve on to be conected on its own via tank stat. so when hot it shuts the coil inside off.

chris, there is a 3 core cable already connected to the back,there is a panel on the left side which has the thermostat

Reading that spec fully sounds like thats the low temp stat to stop the boiler itself from kettling and rusting parts it says where its located so buzz it out to see. that just wants to put so it fires pump and valve.

thanks b spark,but i need to know how the 3 core cable is incorporated into the circuit,can someone draw the circuit with the 3 core in it.i know the low temp stat that is situated in the side of the oven is connected inline to live side of the pump to switch it off it the temp drops,just don't understand what the 3 core cable is.

Are they all black wires or something? if its just normal 3c earth than its just in and out and earth is earth if you look on your drawing its the last one before the pump. so your feed from clock then out to your stat if needed drops down to that then back up to pump. you will need to pop cover off stat just to see n/c connections.

i will try to find out about the flex,the oven has been fitted at a mates house,he said one end of the 3 core flex is connected towards the back of the oven,not to the low temp thermostat,thats why i don't understand how this flex connects into the circuit,i will get back as soon as i find out,thanks for your time.

thanks Tony. there are many diagrams on the net for the 355sfw, just to make sure i have this right the low stat if working is in the left hand side of unit, and as there is no water cylinder stat i was going to fit a high stat set at 85degs on the flow out from the bolier and wire as per your link, if the low stat does not work was thinking of putting low one on return near boiler, would welcome your advice. Thanks again JD.

i think it is designed to shut down the pump if the water temp in the boiler gets too low. thats how i wired my parents and it works brilliantly
Hi Bobby - were are installing the electrical pump right now! - did you fix the rayburn cable to the pump? then the pump to a spur socket?

Reply to rayburn electrical connection in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net