Received Electirc report and states | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Received Electirc report and states in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
5 5.6Over-current protective device rating exceeds the current carrying capacity of the circuit, feeding multiple outlets / accessories. See Regulations 433.1.1; 533.2.
the electrician is stating you need full rewring and I dont think this is the case. can anyone help and advised what would be the solution to the problem

Is that the only code that was given?

Seems simple enough to downgrade the ocpd just to solve this one issue.

"A full rewire" suggests there are other issues have been brought up where repair just isnt enough.

how old is this installation? how old is the fuseboard/ consumer unit?

5 5.6Over-current protective device rating exceeds the current carrying capacity of the circuit, feeding multiple outlets / accessories. See Regulations 433.1.1; 533.2.
the electrician is stating you need full rewring and I dont think this is the case. can anyone help and advised what would be the solution to the problem
Unless you post the electric report with names, addresses etc redacted what you have posted is meaningless

Not necessarily, it might be that the OCPD is correct for the load and the circuit needs to be rewired because the cable is undersized.
thats not what was stated though... they say the ocpd exceeds the ccc of the circuit... which to me means the cable. Loads can be disconnected/ unplugged... Still leaves a ocpd bigger than the ccc.

Either way.... its not right and needs addressed..... but this one comment on an eicr on its own does not mean the whole place needs a FULL rewire..... (as OP says).... but maybe just this one circuit ??

We need a heck of a lot more information.

Reply to Received Electirc report and states in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net