Reduce cable | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Reduce cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys what do you think of this. There’s been a temporary bit of plant wired up out of an existing circuit which is an 100amp supply I believe. The circuit then goes through a soft start to a local isolator about 50meters away. The motor is supplied with 10mm flex but due to the flex not being long enough someone has used a JB and extended to the isolator with 6mm flex. My thoughts are the 6mm is a bit close as the motors FLC is 41 Amp. I’m also aware the main fuses are 100amp so again oversized. Another question was the overload was set to 41 amps I know this isn’t ideal to rely on but would the cable be protected?

thanks guys

Hi guys what do you think of this. There’s been a temporary bit of plant wired up out of an existing circuit which is an 100amp supply I believe. The circuit then goes through a soft start to a local isolator about 50meters away. The motor is supplied with 10mm flex but due to the flex not being long enough someone has used a JB and extended to the isolator with 6mm flex. My thoughts are the 6mm is a bit close as the motors FLC is 41 Amp. I’m also aware the main fuses are 100amp so again oversized. Another question was the overload was set to 41 amps I know this isn’t ideal to rely on but would the cable be protected?

thanks guy
The thermal relay will limit the current flow what it won't do is offer short circuit protection. Is it single or three phase.
Sorry it’s 3 phase

Reply to Reduce cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net