Registering on a Domestic Installer Scheme (Part P) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Registering on a Domestic Installer Scheme (Part P) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Davecsc

Good Morning,

We have been informed that the planned changes to registering on a Domestic Installer Scheme (Part P) scheme have been postponed and the domestic installer qualification offered by EAL has been extended and now expires on December 31st 2012.

It was proposed that you would need an NVQ level 3 to register with a domestic installer scheme but this is now not the case and the current requirements have been extended, for example, you need the 17th edition qualification to register (you will also need the knowledge, experience and confidence to pass the approval visit). Please be aware that the proposed changes are still planned to come into effect in 2012 but currently there is not a confirmed date. I would advice contacting scheme providers on a regular basis for an update.

ELECSA provide information on the application and approval to join such a scheme, I have attached a document from their website as a guide, further information can be found at ELECSA Info

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 01782 837007.

We offer a number of electrical courses including a foundation course, domestic installer course, the new 2382-12 17th edition qualification and 2392 qualification, if you wish to book onto a training course that we offer then please do not hesitate to contact the centre or visit www.tradeteacher.co.uk

Many Thanks,
Enjoy your week,

Dave

Attachments

• GuidetoPartP_August2009-3.pdf
    483 KB · Views: 21

Reply to Registering on a Domestic Installer Scheme (Part P) in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net