Relay Isolation on incommers | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Relay Isolation on incommers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been out to an industrial job this morning where I found the incommers followed by a manual isolator followed by a three phase 150Amp relay feeding into the main DB. The relay was wired in such a way that it would automatically re-energise following resoration of power after a power failure.

Can anybody throw any light on why it would be there?

Last edited:
No, but I have now thought that it might be part of an emergency power cutout system, althought I would not have expected it to be self resetting in that case.

But wouldn't the power just come back on anyway after a failiure.....

If it was a type of emergency stop then surely it shouldn't be auto resetting???

i ssume you mean it's N/C contacts?? auto-resetting
they shouldn't be used for emergency stopping anyhow

would it be to used to switch off remotely via key-switch at closing time

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Relay Isolation on incommers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
This contactor you suggested unfortunately only has two NO switches rather than 1 NC and 1 NO required for the CR3 current sensing bypass...
Replies
Views
The company are going to have give in on this one then clarify it in the future and adjust their procedures accordingly. Either to say absolutely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I can go see the person that I said he might be able to help me in a few days. Until then I'm still looking for a solution myself and while I am...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a little experience with most types of household wiring through a decade of DIY remodeling, and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks