removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400v | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400v in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

whitespark

I have to remove a tap off box from a 400v overhead industrial busbar system , just need to know if there is a set procedure for the removal and installation of the tapin box

Check out manufacturers instruction if you are not sure. Fixing methods do vary between manufacturers. Make sure there is no load attached to the tap off box or you may get a flashover.

I think Mogga is correct with manufactorers instructions, who says it has no damage and its design could short out the phases when removed. I know a friend who almost lost his face working on live equipment so brings it home.
If your doughting your actions, you know the answer !

Isolate the supply to the bars. If you don’t have the instructions for the unit the last thing you want is to snag something with the bars live.

[ElectriciansForums.net] removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400v[ElectriciansForums.net] removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400v[ElectriciansForums.net] removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400vsome pics of tap in box

i can remember working at one factory where one guy was fitting one and it went bang ,after that they insisted that even brand new boxes were given to there staff to check and test before installing

Common sense prevails!

You’ll live to see another day!

Just keep your head screwed on ‘t right way round.

Enjoy life, even when it tries to kill you!

Reply to removing & reinstalling tap off box for overhead industrial busbar 400v in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net