Replace ceiling rose with pendant? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Replace ceiling rose with pendant? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello

I’m looking to replace my ceiling rose with a pendant light. The ceiling rose has 2 red wires 2 black wires and 2 earth wires (photo attached)

Am I ok to put the wires straight into the pendant connection block(2nd photo attached)

Thank you

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Replace ceiling rose with pendant?
    B2403451-DA4A-4559-A727-183551EFECBF.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 30
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Replace ceiling rose with pendant?
    298866B0-FA1B-4083-A061-CED7317F08E3.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 30
It may be quite a squeeze to get 2 conductors into those small connectors that come with the new light fitting.

And the bare earth wires need some green/ yellow sleeving over them

you should be able toconnecrtexisting wires intothechoc block.makesit easierif you loosen it fistfrom the earthtag.then reconnect after. note prebious comment asbout the bare earths.

It may be quite a squeeze to get 2 conductors into those small connectors that come with the new light fitting.

And the bare earth wires need some green/ yellow sleeving over them
Probably get criticised over this, but those connector blocks come in several different sizes, and I have been known to change the original for one size larger.

Probably get criticised over this, but those connector blocks come in several different sizes, and I have been known to change the original for one size larger.
I was going to suggest the connectors with 2 push in terminals on one side, and spring hold flex on other

Reply to Replace ceiling rose with pendant? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net