Currently reading:
Replacing outdoor P-Trap Gully with Bottle Gully Discussion Thread

Discuss Replacing outdoor P-Trap Gully with Bottle Gully Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is an RSS feed of thread: Replacing outdoor P-Trap Gully with Bottle Gully

Content of the thread: Hi all,

I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc.
PTrapGully.PNG

When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the impression that bottle gullys are better because they are roddable whereas P-Trap aren't. I'm thinking of replacing the P-Trap with a bottle gully.
BG510-0.jpg

My thinking is that, in the event something went wrong in future, and considering it would then be concreted in, it would be a good idea to replace the P-trap with the bottle gully before I pour the concrete so that at least it would be roddable.

Can anyone think of any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Thanks for the input.

Replacing outdoor P-Trap Gully with Bottle Gully to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Replacing outdoor P-Trap Gully with Bottle Gully Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock