Reported content: Post in thread 'Domestic - CU arrangement in new house...' | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Reported content: Post in thread 'Domestic - CU arrangement in new house...' in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Post in thread 'Domestic - CU arrangement in new house...' by Matt007 has been reported by Matt007. Reason given:
Hi, I am removing all of my social media accounts. Can you please delete this thread and also delete my account. Cheers. Matt

Content being reported:
Hi Chaps

First of all I am by no means an electrician. I do have a fair bit of technical knowledge from an engineering view point and have calibrated test equipment that allows me to measure Zs, R1+R2 and r1, r2 and rn as well as insulation resistance etc. This get used very infrequently, normally when I move so that I can do some basic checks before getting the pros in to replace the CU etc.

Anyway, I have moved in to a new place and have found this arrangement:

The little two way switch fuse is fed direct from the output terminals of the main switch / RCCB on the CU. It looks like they needed another way to add a shower and this is how it was done...

Is this legit or if it were being inspected would that get coded as dangerous?

If it is ok then with my lack of knowledge I get that the cable is protected from overload by the B40 breaker in the switch fuse and in terms of short circuit the main supplier fuse should go before the 'tails' to the switch fuse do?

Its all kinda accidemic as its being ripped out shortly by someone with skills, its more from an interest point of view.

Reply to Reported content: Post in thread 'Domestic - CU arrangement in new house...' in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net