Roof Kit | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Roof Kit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

Which roof kit are you all using? We've been using K2 and like it but are struggling to get regular supplies - what do you prefer??

Hi Mate,

Hilti is worth looking at - very good service, order online and it comes next day, good quality.

Also Renusol.

@dansk,

Are you on bulk discount with Hilti?

Despite the looks, design etc, it comes out between 30% and 50% more expensive than other systems we use, and it doesn't have any speed of install advanatges to make that difference up that we've been able to find.

Also their minimum order quantities on some items mean thay you need to committ to them for a significant number of jobs other wise you'll have a shed load of unwated bits.

Unless you've got some kind of special deal?

Ive got what i percieve as a good price list from them - im not all that fussed about the price "being the cheapest" par say, i'd rather pay a little more and know the goods will be here and in stock if you see what i mean, service means more to me. Yes i agree about quantity, and i do like it compared to some other stuff thats about - plus it easy to sell, most customers have heard of Hilti.

Yes i do see what you mean though :)

Last edited:
@dansk,

Are you on bulk discount with Hilti?

Despite the looks, design etc, it comes out between 30% and 50% more expensive than other systems we use, and it doesn't have any speed of install advanatges to make that difference up that we've been able to find.

Also their minimum order quantities on some items mean thay you need to committ to them for a significant number of jobs other wise you'll have a shed load of unwated bits.

Unless you've got some kind of special deal?

What are you using Gordon???? I've just had to pay £450 for delivery of kits for 7 jobs and then they didn't bother to deliver. Took me a week to get the order sorted. I like the kit but the service from the wholesaler is shocking.

Sorry used the word "kit" loosley, we always order exactly what is needed for each installation, different evry time. Looked at Schuco prices earlier tonight, nearly fell off the chair at the prices!

We used to use Renusol but came across K2 which is much, much more substantial and significantly cheaper, not much use if I can't get it though..

Schletter, SEN, Azur (oh and Click-Fit sometimes :) ) we also spec exactly what's needed for each job, and make sure that there's a couple of spares each time, - We'll soon have enough to do the mounting system of our 10kWp upgrade for free, (could probably do it now if we mixed it all up!)

We also buy all our stainless coach bolts, setscrews etc from fix8.co.uk - tell Laurence I sent you there.

We've also developed relationships with a local wholesaler who has extended his range just for us, - we use them for our commercial installs (just panels and mountings) so he was happy to add on extra mountings. For trapezoidal steel roofs the system we get from him (he's the only UK stockist) is so simple it cuts out install time down dramatically - it's not suitable for much else though.

If your having trouble getting K2, I'll speak to him tomorrow and see what his reaction is.

Schletter, SEN, Azur (oh and Click-Fit sometimes :) ) we also spec exactly what's needed for each job, and make sure that there's a couple of spares each time, - We'll soon have enough to do the mounting system of our 10kWp upgrade for free, (could probably do it now if we mixed it all up!)

We also buy all our stainless coach bolts, setscrews etc from fix8.co.uk - tell Laurence I sent you there.

We've also developed relationships with a local wholesaler who has extended his range just for us, - we use them for our commercial installs (just panels and mountings) so he was happy to add on extra mountings. For trapezoidal steel roofs the system we get from him (he's the only UK stockist) is so simple it cuts out install time down dramatically - it's not suitable for much else though.

If your having trouble getting K2, I'll speak to him tomorrow and see what his reaction is.

Thanks - did you know you can buy SEN significantly cheaper directly from Germany - about half price, worth it if you need quite a bit. Most of our roofs are slate so we don't use much SEN. I'll try fix8 - ta. We built up extra with renusol but to be honest there was such a difference in price and quality between Renusol and K2 that we switched as soon as we'd used as much as we could of the Renusol. Now we've built up a bit of K2 but are struggling to get stock at a decent price. I guess it's just a sign of the times.

The guys I work for use hilti stuff. It is good quality and when you work with it every day it is quick to fit together. I've previously used schuco stuff and found that less user friendly, but no poorer in quality.

We make a point of explain to the customer why we use Suchco, differeniate us from the competition.

However if it is that expensive compared to other kit we may change. Saw some Schelelter kit yesterday and it looked sturdy and pretty easy to use. What say you on Schletter Worcester? Reluctant to change now due to stock, training etc.

It doesn't take long to learn / train up on a new mounting system once you've got a few installs under your belt.

Had a new roofing crew on a job this week, they'[d been on the week long training course, this was for real though and 16 panels later they were done by 3pm.

It's down to the quality of your people, and the time factor is usually the roof not the mounting system.

We've used fix8.co.uk for stuff like basket & unistrut channel and fixings - very competitive pricing and excellent service. Highly recommended!

We only use VM EDELSTAHL TECHNIK from regent green engineering , the top man is a fella called Alan Shaw on 0121 5682432 .
They are the soul importer's of this stuff and it is meant to be as big as schelelter in Germany .
We have used most of the rest and would not at this point ever even look at going back to them , these seem to have the whole package , service , stock , knowledge , a supreme can do attitude and the ability to design new or mod existing fixings and back it up being a ISO registered company if the need arises !
And no we are not on the pay roll , just appreciate good honest service when we finally find it !!!
Having said that if you do give them a go , mention us if you like , they might give me a freebie . :presents3:

Reply to Roof Kit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net