routes to re training in terms of domestic electrician | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss routes to re training in terms of domestic electrician in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

anyone

hi,

can someone tell me the best way to get back up to a working standard in terms of being a fully qualified electrician.

i have not worked for some time in trade and further, i have no knowledge of english part p regs,,,,

if you use the internet its hard to find reasonable priced courses.

I suppose i require a list of courses i need to take, then an exam centre that will allow me to take certificated exams, as i think i want to home study

Also, is there value in these green electrician courses for solar panels?

any help is appreciated in advance

If you want to be fully qualified , I think the JIB website has a list of the quals you will need, if not there's a post on here somewhere by Lenny of them. You will need some on the job training also.
If you take a look at the City & Guilds website they should have a list of colleges near you.
The bottom is about to drop out of the solar PV sector at a cost of several thousand jobs so maybe that's not such a good idea just now

Trev gives us a shout when this thread reaches page 8 and we have managed to get this lad retrained as a lawyer
Hehe If he has the right stuff for it I reckon he would be better off. Nice warm office, tea and coffee on tap, hot and cold running secretaries.
Oh I can feel a law degree coming on, or do they do 5 week wonder courses?:)

Seriously though Anyone, the industry is in a bad way at present. There are a lot of very well qualified people on the dole or doing non electrical work just to make ends meet a guy I have worked with in the past who shall remain nameless to save embarrasment is a fantastic spark, what he doesn't know could be written on the back of a postage stamp, is working as a cleaner on the Tyneside Metro system so think carefully before you commit yourself to an expensive and time consuming course. Things will get better, they have to or we are all up the creek without a paddle, but don't believe the ads you see about training for 5 minutes then earning 50k pa. That sort of income is doable but it's very very hard.
Good luck

I was a qualified electrician about 10years ago, i have not worked in England at my trade, and was really looking for general advice on actual courses that HAVE to be done and cheapest place to do so.

I am not looking to start training as an electrician, just re-educate myself back up to speed with the minium hassle.

Part is part of the building regulations and is concerned solely for domestic installation. If you do the 17th edition course and then read something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electrician...8627/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1323263439&sr=8-5

Then to be honest you should be fine if your qualified already as an electrician. If you still feel after reading something like this book, most of the C&G centres do a one day course on Part P

As an Amazon Associate Electricians Forums may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
where are you qualified as an electrician? and what qualifications have you got? only ask because you said that you have never worked in england at your trade, I suspect you mean britain and that you have moved here from somewhere else?

where are you qualified as an electrician? and what qualifications have you got? only ask because you said that you have never worked in england at your trade, I suspect you mean britain and that you have moved here from somewhere else?

No, i am from Scotland, , Part P is only for England and Wales????

Qualification, would be C and G electrical parts I and II also onc and hnc in electrical and electonic eng, erm

I looking to get up to date with what is required of an electrician different today compared to 10yrs ago

routes to re training in terms of domestic electrician

hi,

can someone tell me the best way to get back up to a working standard in terms of being a fully qualified electrician.

i have not worked for some time in trade and further, i have no knowledge of english part p regs,,,,

if you use the internet its hard to find reasonable priced courses.

I suppose i require a list of courses i need to take, then an exam centre that will allow me to take certificated exams, as i think i want to home study

Also, is there value in these green electrician courses for solar panels?

any help is appreciated in advance

Think you'll find, .... that's the Only type of electrician courses that are available and being taught these day's from what i can see!! ...lol

Reply to routes to re training in terms of domestic electrician in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net