satelite tv cabinet power supply | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss satelite tv cabinet power supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all, A 36 bed Hotel with Sky in each room, on full occupancy what the current draw likely to be, this is all housed in a steel cabinet that is going to be in a store cupboard and plugged into a socket outlet, there is 30 13A sockets in this tin cabinet to power the digi boxes thoughts any one?
Pict

Well I got a similar figure but some how I thought Naw that cant be right it's not something I am directly involved with but when the maintenance guy said it was going into a 13A outlet I thought well if one digi box at home gets this hot what the hell will 36 be in a tin box in a cupboard be like, basically it was idle curiosity
Pict

Completely agree with you on the heat build up aspect of mounting several of these units in a confined space (cabinet)!!! Had similar problems such as this, on many of my past projects, in most cases the solution, was mounting these units in a made for purpose forced cooling air cabinet. Left as it is now, the top few units will last no time at all, followed by the other units over varying periods of time!!!

Another solution, was to mount these units in open side less rack system, in a designed for use room with an over designed air conditioning requirement, ...that seemed to work quite well too....

Reply to satelite tv cabinet power supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back