Scotland | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SPARTYKUS

Was just thinking as result of another poster (who is in Scotland and mentioned "no Part P") - how on earth do Scotland manage to get by? I'm guessing the emergency services are rushed off their feet with the 10's of house fires that are occuring each day up there without the safety net of "Part P" :biggrin:

Why don't they just get rid of it ...... like Scotland!!!! (who never had it I know)

IMHO part P is a money making excercise. In Scotland the home owner is responsible for informing building control of any work done (In practice this rarely happens). This means any "Conpetent" person can do the work. I think it was done to weed out all the cowbays which I suppose it would do. But it's another bit of red tape we can do without. :)

you're right there. money maker. OK, all notifiable work should be notified to LABC. if DIY< then LABC have the right to inspect and test and charge a fee.

If work is done by a competent/qualified sparks, not a member of a scam, according to part p, then should be notified before work is started. now, here's the rub. nowhere in the part p of the building regs. does it state that LABC should issue a building notice and charge a fee. where does this come from?

have you ever noticed how most of these things that are for so called "safety" end up costing us more money? its a bit like all this energy saving stuff,I mean if govt was bothered about saving planet then an energy saving lamp would be cheaper than an ordinary one,anyway its all academic the whole climate change thing comes in cycles anyway,just an ideal opportunity for this government to tax more things on the basis of them being bad for the planet.

Was it not SELECT who did not want this plus the Scottish Government did a wait and see (what happens in England) but then again this does not stop someone calling you and asking "Are you Part P registered" and the reply is only if i move to Engerland.

telectrix this fee thing is from the US where any services by the LABC but wait you say we are already paying for this through our coucil tax well no actually that money is to pay for the bucket mans gold plated pension

AuldYin the ppl phoning and asking about "partPEEE" probably watch all the DIY progs and partPee is rammed down the throats

Also Im sure that select were pushing for it to be JIB/SJIB electricians and only NIC,EIC scheme as they reconed that would be best way to regulate only having one provider ib a similar way to gasSafe Makes sence realyu as consumers have a multitude of providers to check and see if your telling them the truth about membership or when they are looking for registered electricians rather than one stop

Look, will you guys stop going on about Part Pee not applying to Scotland.....somebody important is going to find out and we'll end up with this c**p as well. Bonnie Boy Salmond may decide that he wants it as part of his Republic:grin:

Reply to Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net