Seeking experience in domestic rewires | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Seeking experience in domestic rewires in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

growler

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am a qualified electrician with 17th edition + 2394/95 + 14 years experience mainly in new build domestic. I lack experience in rewires and am looking to gain more in this field. So if anyone is looking for someone please get in touch, i will be willing to work at a lower rate. I live in Basingstoke Hants. I have my own van fully loaded with tools including test equipment. Thanks for reading.

surely if you have been installing in new builds for 14 years you can do a rewire. afterall its just pulling old cables out and replacing with new.

maybe a lot of chasing involved depending on when house was built etc

Yeah i know its hardly rocket science but i feel the need to get some more rewires under my belt before i start ripping peoples houses to shreds on my own. more just for building confidence i suppose. did a few yonks back. Just want to be A1 standard at rewires.

Growler I'd say that with that amount of new build experience a rewire would be no trouble for you at all, the only thing that you won't be used to is chasing but you can never guarantee how a chase is going to turn out. The plaster could have lost it's key and you could loosen a flaming great patch of it. You could buy a chaser as they help get nice neat, straight chases but like I say you can never guarantee.
Have a little faith in yourself mate.

Reply to Seeking experience in domestic rewires in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net