Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water Had a problem with hammering noise coming from pipes (triggered by hot water, though it could be eased if you put the cold water on).
Went through everything i could, checking joists etc. Problem appeared to be the ballcock in the loft cold water tank.

Ive replaced it but for the life of me i cant stop seepage out of the nut for the main connection. Though ive only tried
1. Going tighter, getting to the point i'm not sure i can get it any tighter!
2. adding the pfte tape to close any gap

Still getting seeping from the nut, left a tea towel wrapped around it overnight and its soaked this morning.

Im a real newbie and feel the answer is obvious (more tape??) but seems the majority of the job is done, i really dont want to bring someone in but im all out of ideas and know my limits, which are pretty low it has to be said.

For info - I wrapped the tape around the brass thread of the ball cock, no tape used on the cold main thred/nut. See photo

Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Seeping pipe connection to Loft Cold water plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

M
  • Article
Cold Water Tank In Loft - Cause Of Flood Dispute? Having just moved into a property and discovering the central heating not functioning, after 3...
Replies
Views
Mijacmad
M
A
  • Article
Cold water flowing back into hot feed. Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please. Every 12- 18 months I have a problem with cold water flowing...
Replies
Views
Askey
A
L
  • Article
Possible airlock We have a sink, washing machine and shower in a ground floor utility room. Cold water is supplied from a loft tank. This...
Replies
Views
Lightup
L
H
  • Article
need a new shower but my hot/cold pipes are reversed! Hi All I need some advice as to a replacement power shower and there are a few problems I...
Replies
Views
harrygee
H
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Gas or Water Pipe? Look to find cause of damp in wall. Content of the thread: Hi all, First time post so please...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks