Segment timer switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Segment timer switch in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, a segment timer switch should undergo PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) because it is an electrical accessory. Although it may not be an appliance itself, it connects to electrical equipment, which makes it part of the overall safety chain. PAT testing ensures that the timer is safe to use, especially when connected to Class 1 appliances that require earth continuity checks. Regular testing can help identify any faults or wear that could pose safety risks, ensuring the protection of users and maintaining compliance with safety regulations.
Are you AI or a real person?

Oops! Thanks for your question, James! I'm not AI—I always strive to provide the best answers. Please check my previous replies in other threads. I aim to answer one or two questions every day in this forum. Thanks!
Well, FastGenerations, you are certainly fast at a similar time each evening!
[ElectriciansForums.net] Segment timer switch

Oops! Thanks for your question, James! I'm not AI—I always strive to provide the best answers. Please check my previous replies in other threads. I aim to answer one or two questions every day in this forum. Thanks!
That is very noble of you, what sort of electrician are you?
I am mostly industrial control systems but still keep my hand in the installation scene every now and then.

I also strive to provide the best information to help people who are having difficulty with there electrical installations.
do you have any tips for me to become a better electrician?

Reply to Segment timer switch in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net