Sensor light | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sensor light in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
Right here's one for you, I just installed a pir in my hallway to activate the new light as didn't want a switch, but everytime I switch a light on in any other room the hallway pir is being activated! Can't for the life of me work it out it's as if the surge of the other lights is causing it to activate? Any ideas would be great to stop this cheers

Disconnect any other feed except the one feeding the sensor and the switch live out, try again

Then connect each feed back in at each room trying your new sensor light each time. I'd say a connection problem.

Yeah tel deff wired it ok, took permanent feed to pendant and took a 3 core from there to the sensor for perm live and neutral to the sensor with a returning switch line

sounds like you've fed the pir with a switched L from the light which is activating it. turn all lights off and make sure you got a true permanent L to the pir.

Yeah tel deff wired it ok, took permanent feed to pendant and took a 3 core from there to the sensor for perm live and neutral to the sensor with a returning switch line

If it's wired correctly then it must be some sort of electromagnetic influence affecting the PIR?

What sort of fittings are affecting this PIR?

Just a quick update, put new sensor in and it's fine! Strange one but it's as if any other load on the circuit being introduced and the light would come on, anyway all sorted!

Are using compact fluorescent lamps on the PIR in particular or elsewhere in the installation, if so the problem is likely to be switch bounce transients triggering the PIR into manual override. Check with the PIR manufacturer for their recommended solution. However, usually a 4uF capacitor across the L&N at the PIR solves the problem.

Reply to Sensor light in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net