Set up for oven + combi? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Set up for oven + combi? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

newbie24

DIY
Reaction score
Been having a discussion with my electrician on the best way to wire up a new oven and a combi oven/microwave and would appreciate some more input.

There is an existing cooker connection in 10mm t&e with a 32a MCB (and RCD protection).

The oven is 3.49kw and the combi is 3kw. Oven doesn't have a cable with in and the absolute max that fits in the connection is 2.5mm flex. The combi has a 1.5mm flex.

Now I believe the oven could be wired into a cooker switch and from there connected up to the 10mm cable maintaining the 32a MCB as it's a fixed loan appliance.

The combi however has the microwave which I don't believe to be fixed load, the cable size is also quite small at 1.5mm, so I'm not sure this would work in the same way.

So my options seem to be a dual outlet cooker plate connected to the 10mm t&e, then a cooker switch for each appliance and 2.5mm flex to oven and the 1.5mm flex to combi microwave. If I did this I could downgrade the MCB to 20a, I believe the diversity calc for cooking appliances is first 10a + 30% of the remainder, which is just over 15a. Would that be necessary or could I leave it at 32a?

Are there any better options that don't involve running another cable to the consumer unit?

Reply to Set up for oven + combi? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Check the clearance between the back panel and/or terminal cover that you've removed. Look for small burn marks.
Replies
Views
First thing to say is that it's desirable to have a method of isolation for the oven somewhere near it in the kitchen, and not hidden behind a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
One thing you may find is that it will most probably be a 6mm cable and to get two of them in to a terminal may prove to be a stumbling block if...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've done similar but have had a preferable layout. Cooker switch/socket behind a microwave and split the fed to the hob and oven on 6mm. As your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Personally I'd always fit 6mm. There was a thread on here a month or two ago where an electrician had run 4mm on a 32A breaker, another...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks