Setting up a website | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Setting up a website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Plonker 3

I am looking at going self employed int he new year, so would like to purchase a domain name and set up e-mail and a website through that.

Initially I think I will just be using it as e-mail as that looks better than hotmail.com, gmail.com etc

I really don't have any idea on how to set all this up apart from buying the domain name.

What sort of web space would I need so I could expand it to about 6 or 7 pages in the future, with just some basic text and pictures, nothing that will be too demanding I imagine.

That depends on cost, initially like I said I think I will just be using it for email as I think that looks better on a business card than a free one.

Obviously in the future I would like to use it to display some of my work carried out and maybe even a guest book for references.

IMO your best bet to start with is just word of mouth for getting work, maybe a small add in your local area, I don't think paying for a website is really worth it unless you are setting up a relatively large company.

Just PM'd you the details of the guy who did mine and a link to my site.

Have a business email account is a far better way to go, as is having a business name/account - it all projects a more professional image.

good luck

I set one up with just host, to try get abit of pat-test work, they offer the email and stuff for 20 startup and 6 quid a month after that. (i think anyway, I did it a while ago)

Anyway, ive been well impressed with their services and they offer templates for you to use, u just type your text. They aint too bad at all. Im probably gonna have the site built properly once ive got the money.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Reply to Setting up a website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net