setting up your own company | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss setting up your own company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phillcbr400

This is something I am totally new too, so please bare with me. I'm currently employed but looking to setup so I can work outside of my employment on my days off. I know I need liability insurance, not looking at getting registered yet.
What is the process of a getting a company name etc. it's more the business side of this I.e vat tax
Or has anyone got a good link so I can clue myself up on this.
Thanks
Phill

You pick your name bud, then its a case of telling HMRC if its just you then just start sole trader and as for vat you have to turnover (not profit) bout 86k before you have to sign up

This link is probably a good one to give you information on starting and running a business.
You also need to ensure you know what you are doing with your accounts for your income tax, so the HMRC are actually very helpful and used to do free tax courses (not sure if they are still going) which I found very handy.

Reply to setting up your own company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd recommend getting a website up and running ASAP. And sign up to google business thingy so your website ends up in Google maps etc. Fill it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’d say yes go for it.
Replies
Views
  • Question
also public liability and personal indemnity insurance..... tool and materials insurance as an add on for the van insurance.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am just wondering if there is anybody out there interested in allowing me to do a little voluntary work with your company to gain a little...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Most manufacturers recommend them to be fitted. We are required to take that into account. If they had been fitted clearly it would have been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks