Sharp V REC | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sharp V REC in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tjn300

Hi new to forum and not a electrician but feel like i have entered a mine field with panel selection.

Have been offered a system for what i think is a reasonable price with 16 x Sharp NU R250 connected through a Sunny Boy 4000tl inverter.

After drifting through numerous threads there seems to be a disliking towards the sharp panels, this has just opened up the can of worms again, called installer and asked what other panels they could supply and they have suggested REC 250, download Sunny design put both panels through. The installation is ground mount facing south no shade and sharp giving me 10 kwh annual yield more (thats if i have imput the correct info).

Could you kindly give me your preference on both of these panels eg what would you have if this was going in your own back yard and hopefully a simple explanation. what would pv soll put both panels annual yield at.

Regards

a very confused :freak:

TJN300

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny Design isn't intended to be a simulation of predicted yields. If you speak to SMA themselves they will tell you to use PV Sol to get an accurate idea of potential yields.

As it happens, my version of PV Sol doesn't have the REC 250w panels yet so I did a comparison of the REC 245ws vs. Sharp 245ws on the SB4000TL inverter.

The REC panels returned figures of 3,387kWh and the Sharp panels returned figures of 3,169kWh.

The REC panels have a really strong reputation and they are ranked amongst the top performing panels in Photon Magazine.

Definatly REC panels, maybe look at the recent Photon report shows REC at the top again. Sharp always perform pretty poorly and if you run it through PVSOL they come out alongside the wworst Chinese panels.

Reply to Sharp V REC in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net