Shed Electric Keeps Switching Off | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Shed Electric Keeps Switching Off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amfletchers

Many years ago I had electric put from my house to the shed at the bottom of the garden.

I use a lot of power tools, however when using these the electric switches itself off. I guess it's because the powertools are very high voltage. When it goes off I just need to go inside the house to the fusebox to flick the electric back on. Every time I use powerful tools this happens.

Is there anyway to stop this happening? I know I may need an electrician to make some improvements or do some rewiring but I'd like to know the best solution and understand what the problem is before I do this.

Thanks,
Adam

it sounds as though the tools have a high start up current which is tripping the breaker, or is it that the RCD trips? these are separate issues, need a bit more info.

there is a solution but it requires testing first to see if it can be done without rewiring.. as you say , it's been in for a good while, so best have it checked out anyway.

Last edited:

Reply to Shed Electric Keeps Switching Off in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Thank you for another very helpful response. Just to assure you we are saying the same thing, I was referring to the 2.5 on 20A radial which I now...
Replies
Views
Thank you, what would be the advice for me to do in this scenario? I've also seen circuits tripped in past from other things such as 1500VA step...
Replies
Views
can you post a picture of the heating element? if possible with the power off and the cover off.
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s all a bit confused as he originally says I read that as with supply removed he was picking up 230v. My concern is/was that as the house...
Replies
Views
"It works" and "it's safe" are not necessarily the same thing. With DIY work, they are often far from the same thing.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks