shed supply | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss shed supply in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ayjay

hi fellas, newbie here, ive just run a supply to my metal shed, i live in a park home so all sheds have to be metal, i came off of the outside meter box/cabinet, which houses an rcd-mainswitch, and a 40a mcb for the p/home, i fitted a 16a breaker within the cabinet as there was a din rail with a bit of space left
i came off in hip conduit(buried the horizontal run) and used 2.5 mm twe, to the shed (which is 3 mtrs away)--
into a skt&a spur for the light, i used an earth rod for grounding,at the shed end, not the twe-cpc the same as the main installation has. ive been out of the game for a few yrs now , is that the way you guys would have done it?- did i need to install the rod? could i have used the twe-cpc ?
thanks for looking, andy

I would have fitted a small garage 2 way enclosure in your shed mate as you need to bond it as it is metal.

As the shed is just 3 metres away I most likely would have run a 6mm back in that conduit and bonded it at the home MET in the board, and also may not have needed the rod as you could have extended the existing earth. Did you do any testing or certification ?

hi malcolm, i have bonded the metalwork at the shed end-to the rod directly ,i used a separate rod as it was easyer at the time , if i had run a 6mm back instead, it would have connected to the original earth rod via the existing cableing cpc,s , the whole run would have been about 25 mtrs to the old earth rod, so impeadence would have been a bit higher maybye
i,m not qualified to test , altho ive been testing for years , before the recent regs were changed, ive tested the rcd its fine
cheers for your responce malcolm

Does Part P cover caravan homes or park homes................................... as most of the residents do not have to pay council tax on these "homes", I'm not sure where part P will fit in with the scheme of things,

Interesting, not many homes of such type round here so haven't encountered such "opportunities"!

hi fellas, most, if not all parkhome owners pay concil tax, i pay band a, but we as parkhome owners get a poor deal out of it , but thats another story-- according to a person i know, who is well up on p/h regulations ,normal electrical regs don,t apply , nor any other regs, a park home is classed as a temporary portable building, on land that i rent, its simply a "chattel" it can,t be sub-let but i can have anyone here to stay with me perminatly if i wish
i may be wrong regarding the p/h regulations mind you! ill find out for sure soon
what is labc? local authority?

hi fellas, most, if not all parkhome owners pay concil tax, i pay band a, but we as parkhome owners get a poor deal out of it , but thats another story-- according to a person i know, who is well up on p/h regulations ,normal electrical regs don,t apply , nor any other regs, a park home is classed as a temporary portable building, on land that i rent, its simply a "chattel" it can,t be sub-let but i can have anyone here to stay with me perminatly if i wish
i may be wrong regarding the p/h regulations mind you! ill find out for sure soon
what is labc? local authority?

LABC - local Area Building Control - the types that deal with planning permission and need to be advised of some electrical changes, additions etc. Google "Part P" of the building regulations.....

ill give the labc a bell asap and post their reply, cheers for your time guys (btw ive been sparkying since 1968, but not for the last few yrs)

Reply to shed supply in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net