Currently reading:
UK SJIB ECS card grading for 2391-52 (equivalent)

Discuss SJIB ECS card grading for 2391-52 (equivalent) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I direct this question, mostly to electricians registered at SJIB, as JIB has a little bit different rules apparently.
I'm looking for confirmation, how grading of your 2391-52 looks like, on the reverse of your ECS cards.

Recently, I completed equivalent of C&G 2391-52, which is :

LCL Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification, Periodic Inspection Testing, Condition Reporting and Certification of Electrical Installations
I requested ECS card renewal, so I don't need to show my certificates separately when applying for job etc, at least I thought it would be like that, an exact description of my qualifications on the back of my ECS card.
What I received you can see in the attached picture, card on top is without 2391, card below is with it, so SJIB grading office says.
On the card up top, SJIB Recognised 18th Edition Inspection and Testing (BS7671) 2021 - this must be just my 18th edition after FICA, as I never obtained Inspection and Testing before.
1.jpeg

Now, when applying for card update, you fill out SJIBs upgrade form, marking your new qualification. As on the picture below, there is quite a few options to choose from:

2.jpeg

Now, looking at my new card( card at the bottom in pic 1), how anyone would know, what qualification do I have ? Take a look at available Inspection and Testing different options.
I contacted SJIB, asking about this and they told me, that it is how it looks like this days, because they wouldn't fit all that qualification Description on the back of my card (not true, JIB does that).
Can anyone confirm, that this is true? To me it looks like it's not correct, but maybe this is some new way of SJIB grading ECS cards?

Ps. LCL qualification is recognised by SJIB and fully accepted, that's why this qualification is on ECS card upgrade page as on the picture above.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Last edited:

Reply to SJIB ECS card grading for 2391-52 (equivalent) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock