so who got what at the elex show.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss so who got what at the elex show.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GLENNSPARK

well..i was one of the first in this years elex show at harrogate....got me the superrods for a quid.....and a breakout box....or three.......lightmates 40 quid....and an earth leakage clamp....again 40 quid...plus the usual tee shirt and bacon roll.....but how about you guys......what goodies did you get?......

well the earth leakage clamp was a good buy.......light mates....that was denmans.....they wanted 50 quid plus vatgot em down to 40.....but i didn`t want to pay the vat......so told em i was off for a look round.....in the end it was the cheapest offer....so i went back....tried to get em for 40 inc vat....but he wouldn`t have it.....so bought em anyway......no more struggling to get a Zs at lighting points...lol....the breakout boxes that i got were a giveaway......i kept going back....got three of em in the end....and boy oh boy was i in there quick for the rods n all........was a bit of a stampede by all acounts last year.......turned into a bit of a fight...over some rods last year..lolffs..........

Hi mate you had some great bargains there mate superods for a quid lol
yep....but it was only the first 25 customers that get em....same every year by all accounts......i think there was a fight broke out last year amongst folk tryin to grab em...lol......maybe the reason why there was a bouncer on the door this time round......

leigh and i started queing up at about 8:30....opened at 10:00.....
the current clamp is unbranded....but is the same instrument that i saw on the metrel stand......exactly the same.....just dont say metrel on it.....
the lightmates are kewtechs.....

well..what it was ....was that as soon as i had darted straight round to the superrod stand for the free rods...i then quickly went over to this amecal stand for the free breakout box.......then later on i went back and got another........later on i went back and got the clamp of em.....and asked em to throw in a breakout box and a free zip up carrycase for the clamp.....quite good really.....

Sounds like Glenn did well, some nice bargains there by the sounds of it. Do be sure to post up some reviews of the goodies you got won't you :D

Might have to get myself along to one of these shows:thumbsup
well its a festival of hard sell and `sign up with us today` deals....but the trick with these events is to get there early......thats how you get to grab all the best free stuff and all that lot.....

thing is...theres that much giveaway stuff there that everyone gets summat.....well worth the day out....i mean.....i got the bgb and the osg...for 70....then i got a CK toolvest for a tenner....and he threw in the hammer loop, drill holster and a tool holster for it for free......three bahco drivers for a fiver....the clamp....40 quid....3 breakout boxes...free, 4 rods (3 red 1 yellow, hook and ring) for a quid.....the lightmates...48 quid, a football....a load of guidance thingys of the NIC stand for nowt.....an energy saving calculator for nowt......and loads of bits n bats......did allright here:presents2:

i have tried it on in the mirror and i must admit it does look a bit gay

Why do you think it got named "The Tool" vest lol

I'm sure it will serve you well ;) At the end of the day it's not about looking cool at work, it's about getting the job done... ... ... Make sure you get your name embroidered on it too won't you lol

:thumbsup

well i have tried it on in the mirror and i must admit it does look a bit gay but once loaded up with tools it wont look so YMCA....

Sorry to disagree Glenn but you do look a bit gay wearing it :). They are great if your on top of a cherry picker or scaffold but I'd take it off before going to the local cafe for a full breakfast or you might end up getting a full monty.

Reply to so who got what at the elex show.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net