some advice needed please :) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss some advice needed please :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

714gold714

Hello go easy on me

I have a job for a friend (yes im part p) mate wants X2 serperate outbuildings wired with X1 double socket in both and a small batten holder light inboth(spur out of socket with 13amp SFS) would this be ok? circuit would be ring main (32 mcb and rcd protected) would it be ok to do the job like this or shall i run a new circuit in in each outbuilding with own 2 way board? mate just wants it cheap as possible as tenants are renting the place

P.S sockets with be for X2 washing machines, its also a tns system

Any advice would be great

if both washing machines are on heat cycle at the same time,with anything else plugged in, it may be too much for your 13A FCU.

better to run separate distribution circuit/s from house CU.

thanks for the reply i got it wrong it X2 fridges that shall be going outside, iv just noticed aswell somebody has a run a cold feed into 1 of the outbuildings for maybe a washing machine? will that need bonding? all gas and water in house is bonded

thank you

also if i run x2 circuit outside would i need to fit a consumer unit in each? as im just worried about having rcd's back to back. as i could just put a 13a sfs next to socket and use that for light?

Tel, the SFS is for the light, one in each outhouse.

714 (OP), that should be a 3A fuse in the spurs. Sub board for each is way OTT. If water pipe comes from the house (albeit underground) and if the house is properly bonded for services then no need for additional bonding imo, but others may see it differently.

install a 4mm radial for both buildings and spur off for your lights peice of pi.. just choose the correct materials and use correct methods ie armoured to a box and then t&e etc

if the house is equipotental bonded already at the incoming mains gas and water theres no need to bond additional supplementary water pipes

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to some advice needed please :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net