Spam Accounts Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 139

Discuss Spam Accounts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spam Accounts

We have been hit by hundreds of spam accounts that are somehow passing the human anti-spam captcha while simultaneously being an automated bot. I've seen stranger things happen.

I've stuck all suspect users into a user group so I can monitor and erase them a bunch at a time.

No humans should have been affected BUT if you have recently registered but not yet posted anything, and have tried to log in TODAY and the forum says "NO ACCOUNT WITH EMAIL ADDRESS CAN BE FOUND" (or something of that nature) then you WILL NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN.

I apologise for the inconvenience. These things happen from time to time. It's usually always related to website owners trying to register accounts to include links in their posts and account information so that their spam websites rank in search engines.

It's a problem all sites have but especially established ones.

Spam Accounts for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Spam Accounts Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Okay emails should be working again now. And I apologise for the fact they ALL come at once. And I'm pealing off batches of spam accounts and...
Replies
Views
D
  • Article
Advice needed regarding sealing? Or Are these tiles faulty? I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to...
Replies
Views
drowninginit
D
  • Article
You can now link your account with social media by going to the following page. https://www.electriciansforums.net/account/connected-accounts/...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Woops. I think TilersForums.com is using our "EF" favicon there lol
Replies
Views
  • Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks