Spur in zone 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Spur in zone 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wired a towel rail in a bathroom , they have put a bigger bath in now and changed position of it so the switch fused spur is in in zone 2 of the bathroom now , you could actually touch the spur if your in the bath. Just thinking now I could isolate the towel rail now ?. Any sort of waterproof switch about.

Cheers
grand

p.s bathroom all finished so moving the bloody switch is impossible now ggrrr.

http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1430455-ip68-1-gang-dp-spur

There are lots of IP65/68 rated covers, spurs what not around. Not that hard to look yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a few IP rated SFCU about. Most are pretty ugly, hopwever. Google is your friend. Personally, I'd be telling them that the bath has to be removed, as they have breached electrical regs by fitting it. :)

Toolstation > Heating > Towel Radiators > Heating Element Controller

anygood, does it stay on, or just for the 2hrs.? , looks like a booster switch to me, they do a chrome cover to. :)

You will need a SFCU, fused at 3A

Ok, this sort of thing http://www.electricalcounter.co.uk/...6/3785852518?gclid=CPL5seff7LUCFYfJtAodtjQA6Q

However, although the switch will be IP 66, it is still reachable from the bath. Personally, I would be looking at taking the switch outside the bathroom and labelling appropriately.

Reply to Spur in zone 2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thank you..... & did have all the fan isolator/ fuse in same plate (click) so quinetic wouldn't worked on this occasion
Replies
Views
Typical! If they've used plasterboard screws in a bathroom they'll fail anyway they're not meant for wet areas. So I bet the wrong adhesive was...
    • Winner
Replies
Views
People who claim to be plumbers... and tilers... New bath fitted and the drain is accessible from the side and there are isolating valves on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Obviously not a building/DIY forum so will keep it short but yes - we've taken all the floors up. Several joists in the bathroom need doing as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There could also be a completely unsuitable junction box embedded within the wall and tiled over or just cables in choc blocks in old accessory...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks