squeek squeek | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss squeek squeek in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Found this just before lunch

[ElectriciansForums.net] squeek squeek

To cook it for lunch you need to do more than just connect the tail to the live, you must connect another part of the body to something of a different potential. Pretty basic stuff I would have thought

Now we need to see the bottom half of the picture to assess the ratings of the breakers.

As it appears we have an 8 way board with 3 or 4 rfcs, 2 lights, a cooker and a shower with a little extra 'pilot' conductor or it is one of the rfcs.

I can't see a problem if we have a combination have 4 rfcs with radials. but I expect it is likely to be the cooker hob with the supply to the oven tucked in with it. IMO, I would put as many RCBOs into the largest DB I could find.

I would have now have a 12 way board with the possibility of adding another 4 circuits.

we had one today......BS 60898 type B 32A feeding a ring final in 2.5mm...with a radial directly out of the top of the MCB in 2.5mm......needless to say the radial was done away with...lol...

we had one today......BS 60898 type B 32A feeding a ring final in 2.5mm...with a radial directly out of the top of the MCB in 2.5mm......needless to say the radial was done away with...lol...

I can't see a problem with that myself, as long as the radial (spur) feeds a socket outlet or sfcu with socket outlets.
Its not dangerous, but personally, I'd prefer the European circuit methodology and install all of the sockets on a large number of radials..

Last edited:
A few months ago I opened the door to a 3 phase fuse box and across the top of the fuses was the skeleton of a rat, must have gone for a quick nosy round and walked across the top of the fuses.
It was perfect, every detail clear, must have been incinerated instantly, the bones looked like charcoal does when it's alight.
Same consistency too, touched it with my screwdriver and it turned into talcum powder.
Wish wish wish I had taken a picture.

is it my eye,s or is there a 2.5 & 4,0 in the same mcb?

That was just the start. Absolute mess, lights are on 20A mcb, spiders web of jbs coming out of the cu - mass of cables disappearing into the wall - fairly small house with nothing fancy. Called out becasue a light stopped working, but just the tip of the iceberg. Smallest mcb is 20A.

Told them they really need to have full eicr and quoted £150 (will take a week just sorting out what goes where). Family with young kids no rcd's. cracked sockets, switches etc everywhere. No chance they will pay for eicr - even when they thought the £150 included sorting all problems...

£150 to do eicr. I was exagerating about the time it would take to do the eicr. They wouldn't pay this, then found out they had assumed this would include fixing all faults - and declined on that basis. When I told them it would give them an assessment of their electrics, highlighting and prioritising potentially dangerous faults and areas where their and their families safety could be increased, but not including the actual work to rectify the faults they almost laughed.

Reply to squeek squeek in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net