Star Delta Starter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Star Delta Starter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone advise of a good reliable supplier off star delta starters please. Local places don't do this sort of stuff and not driving miles to somewhere that will, so online is preferred.

Thanks for suggestions.

Had a look at Des’s suggestion. I would just add they don’t specify what gear is inside them. Make sure it’s something that you can readily get parts for.
Can’t you get away with a DOL starter, what size motor is it?

Not 100% sure about rating of the supply to this unit. I do know that the building was once a large plastic engineering company who had their own supply transformer. Although now, the building has been split into 4 large units which are all supplied from the same transformer.

Just had a quote from the place Des linked to for a custom panel incorporating star delta control and switching for a small 1kw motor via DOL for 347 quid delivered. They give 2 year warranty on them, but never asked regards components

Worth having a look at the supply. DOL would be the easiest and cheapest. If it’s an old factory 15KW would be a romp in the park for it depending on the sub mains.

Sorry but I’m used to starting 300HP motors DOL, at one works I can only remember 5 SD starters out of near 3000.

Reply to Star Delta Starter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net