State of supply to a property | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss State of supply to a property in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markharris

Hello guys,
Was doing a quote for an upstairs maisonette(TT), and as I walked past the property, I noticed the supply cable that had spanned from a supply pole was not secured to the building properly.
On reaching the building, it was loose and parts of it were hanging down and suspended, the only thing stopping it from drooping down further was the fact that it had caught the co-ax of the tv aerial.
Another thing I thought wasn't right was the entry of the supply to the meter and cu which was at ground level(bottom of the staircase by the front door),it had been clipped to the exterior wall vertically down to door frame level, and literally goes through a whole in the corner of the door frame and up to the supply fuse.
I am certain that the loose cable is not safe and it would be DNO's job to rectify, but entry through a door frame??Can anybody clarify before I make the call.

Many thanks

calll the emergency number. they will sort it.from what you say there is a serious risk of injury or worse. calllthem out. i had one where trhe incoming supply was plastered behind a door architrave and i drilled through it. new years day, bank holiday, but they were on site within the hour. bar stewards didn't replace my drill bit though

Last edited:
I called them to a rewire i was doing cause the supply cable had been clipped to a rotton facia board, they came out and fixed it to the masonary. No charge. If it looks unsafe call them out to rectify.

Few years ago i had a call to smoking cables ,got to the job and found the supply cables smoking from one end to the other ,the cables were not clipped and had been rubbing a wall and basically there was little of the insulation left , and due to moisture in the atmospher the cables were arcing between each other talk about a low insulation fault ,and it was on Xmas day too .... so call em out

Mark_Burgess;209156 [I said:
Did you get a picture, would be interesting to see the door frame entry[/I].

In my neck of the woods,entry through the door frame was the usual in about 90% of the houses
Its less now that Pvc doors and frames are everywhere,but even so,still done through those frames
Other than having to butcher the frame to change it,it doesn't seem to be any sort of problem

Reply to State of supply to a property in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net